About Me

My photo
Jeremy and I are high school sweethearts and were married in December of 2009. Jeremy is a youth minister while I am a teacher. We currently live in Grenada, MS, and absolutely love it! We have two children: Conner and Mary Evelyn. Blessed beyond measure!

Friday, January 6, 2012

A Few Answered Questions...

1. Where are you in the process?
Well, we are in the final steps of mailing our packet off. We just finished getting our verification or employment and our physicals. These two steps were the last on our list of things to accomplish. Now, we are ready to mail this off! We have training January 27-28. We will find out more useful information then. We are anxious about attending this!

2. Why did you choose DHS-Family and Child Services (FCS)?
Each person we encountered that made us seriously pray about adopting somehow related to FCS. Jeremy and I prayed and continuously had a feeling we should go this way. No matter the organization, we are providing a child with a loving, Christian home.

3. How long it will take?
You'll have to ask The Big Man that one! We do not know any time frame. We will for sure keep you posted once we are "waiting." From then, it could be any day. We are fully relying on God. his plan is perfect!

4. Are you unable to have biological children? Why are you adopting first?
These two questions have an intertwined answer. Yes, as far as we know, we CAN have biological children. However, as our first post says, I am not quite ready for pregnancy! I want to be a mother, but the time is not yet right for biological children. Jeremy has been very understanding on this matter and has supported my feelings. He knows I must be at peace with myself and ready for all of the changes that occur during pregnancy. He also knows that one day that peace will come. I am so blessed to have such an understanding husband! Because of all this, we discussed adopting before instead of after biological children. We began to pray, and this seemed to fall right into place.
So, to answer these two most popular questions: We are able to have biological children, but that is not the direction God is leading us at this point. We have always felt called to adopt, and NOW just so happens to be God's amazing plan!

I hope this "eases" some of your minds. Ha! I am sure I will have more of this type of post in the future. I know a lot of you love to read to stay updated, and I want to make sure that easy for you! Thank you all for the support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment